FREE Consultation (866) 848-7077

Charlie Sheen seeks child support modification

Posted by Thomas Pettinicchi of D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC on Jul 17, 2013 in Child Support

Many folks in Connecticut may be aware of the situation between Charlie Sheen and his ex-wife Brooke Mueller which began when the two were battling over child custody arrangements. Mueller lost custody of the couple's 4-year-old twins and was admitted into a rehabilitation center for a drug addiction. The twins were placed in the care of Sheen's other ex-wife, Denise Richards, with whom he shares two other children.

In the most recent turn of events, Sheen has now made a request to have his monthly child support payments to Mueller modified. In fact, he has requested that his payments be decreased from $55,000 a month to zero.

According to reports, the actor filed the modification because the children are no longer being cared for by Mueller. Sheen also argues that he already contributes more than a fair amount for the care of his children. Besides the monthly child support payments, Sheen pays for the twins' education and medical expenses, in addition to paying Mueller's mortgage, insurance and taxes for the home she lived in with their two sons.

Many people may not necessarily want to emulate the dramatic relationship between Sheen and Mueller, but their situation may not be all that different from other people. Parents all across Connecticut deal with ongoing child support issues. Over the years, parents get or lose jobs or deal with events that drastically affect their finances. And whether parents pay or collect support, these life changes can raise concerns about child support payments. Parents can address these issues and request modifications with help of an attorney. 

D'Amico & Pettinicchi - injury lawyers. Ph: (866) 848-7077.