FREE Consultation (866) 848-7077

64-Year-Old Man Hit by Car and Killed After Exiting His Vehicle on Interstate 84 Off Ramp

Posted on behalf of D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC on Jun 01, 2017 in Car Accidents

cop car with lights onEarly Tuesday morning, a 64-year-old man died after being hit by a car on an Interstate 84 exit ramp in Newtown.

The fatal collision occurred around 9 a.m. when the 64-year-old exited his vehicle after pulling onto the right shoulder of the exit 11 off ramp. While out of his vehicle, another car traveling on the ramp hit the 64-year-old and his car, according to Connecticut State Police (CSP).

The victim suffered life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency responders.

The other driver, an 18-year-old from Sandy Hook, was not injured in the crash.

Both vehicles were towed from the crash site and the exit ramp was closed until approximately 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday.

The crash is still under investigation and anyone with information is encouraged to contact State Police Troop A at 203-267-2200.

Have You Lost a Loved One in a Car Crash?

If you lost a loved one in a car crash caused by negligence, you may be able to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation.

Nothing can change what happened, but compensation can help you and your family attempt to move forward from this tragic situation. Compensation can help make up for the emotional, physical and financial damages caused by the unexpected loss of a loved one.

Our car crash injury lawyers have decades of combined experience representing victims of car crashes. We are aggressive negotiators who will not accept less compensation than our clients deserve.

While most cases are resolved before trial, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial if that is what it takes to achieve the justice you deserve.

Schedule a free, no obligation legal consultation today to find out if you have a viable case. If you have a case and decide to move forward, we will not charge you for our services unless we obtain compensation.

Call (866) 848-7077 or fill out a Free Case Evaluation form.