Watertown Emergency Room Error Attorneys
Doctors, nurses, and other emergency room staff are trained to ask the right questions, order the right tests, and observe the symptoms that will help them make a correct diagnosis.
In the vast majority of cases, they make the right call. However, emergency room errors do occur and when they do, the results can be devastating.
If you have suffered an emergency room misdiagnosis, contact the medical malpractice lawyers at D'Amico & Pettinicchi today at (866) 848-7077 or reach us online 24 hours a day via our "Free Case Evaluation" form.
D'Amico & Pettinicchi - Local Injury Lawyers
Common Types of Emergency Room Errors
When a preventable emergency room error occurs, patients suffer needlessly
Emergency room errors can include:
- Misinterpretation of Test Results
- Failure to Consult a Specialist
- Medication Errors
- Delays in Treatment
- Other causes of injury
At D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC, our medical negligence attorneys represent victims of all types of emergency room errors that result in serious injury, disability, or death.
- Heart Attack?Cardiac symptoms are often misdiagnosed as intestinal upset. Emergency room patients are sent home only to suffer a cardiac arrest within hours of seeking medical help.
- Stroke?Medications that can reduce the consequences of a stroke should be administered within three hours of onset of symptoms. Doctors who misdiagnose stroke symptoms rob patients of their best chance for a positive outcome.
- Bowel Obstruction?Often misdiagnosed as minor intestinal upset
- Ruptured Spleen?Common in an auto accident victim, a ruptured spleen causes internal bleeding that can be fatal if not detected and treated in time.
Connecticut Injury Lawyers
When an emergency room error results in a serious injury or wrongful death, the medical malpractice attorneys of D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC can help recover financial compensation for the injury, pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
TRUSTED Medical Malpractice Lawyers