Watertown Nursing Home Medication Error Attorneys
One study of 18 Massachusetts nursing homes (published in the August 1, 2000, issue of the American Journal of Medicine) found that more than half of the medication mistakes that occur in nursing homes could be prevented.
How often do these medication mistakes occur? The authors of the study gave a conservative estimate of 350,000 incidents each year.
If you would like to speak to an experienced attorney about a possible medication error, contact D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC by calling (866) 848-7077. We handle nursing home negligence claims on a contingency basis, meaning that you pay no attorney fees unless we are successful in obtaining a recovery on your behalf.
Recognized. Accomplished. Well-Respected ... and in Your Own Backyard
How Do Medication Errors Occur?
Medication mistakes (or "adverse drug events" as they called by some) in nursing homes may be the result of a single negligent act, a combination of many factors or even intentional abuse.
A few common scenarios include:
- Patients who have difficulty with communication (often, stroke victims) may not be able to tell a care provider that they don't take certain medications
- Mentally challenged residents may not be able to recognize that they are being given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage
- Pharmacists may "misfill" the prescription, giving patients the wrong medication or giving them the right medication but wrong dosage
- Overdoses often occur when residents are not properly supervised or monitored
- Employees at understaffed facilities may deliberately overmedicate patients as a means of control
Lawyers for Victims of Medication Mistakes in Nursing Homes
Our attorneys know how to investigate these cases and have the experience and resources it takes to achieve results.
To speak with an experienced lawyer, please contact D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC, today at (866) 848-7077 or alternatively, you can reach us directly via this website by completing our "Free Case Evaluation" form.
We have been helping nursing home negligence victims In Connecticut for many years and are ready to help with your claim today.
D'Amico & Pettinicchi - Local Injury Lawyers